Monday 15 November 2021

birding, music , leeds

 with work done at the vets, i had a few hours to kill, having loved music since in my teens i headed to HMV at xscape near Castleford ( i know better places are avialble) 

i went with the intention of getting some Fall lps but they had none so mooched about and found something that id not heard for years 

The Wedding Present

Bizarro


now i got this album when it came out in 1989 on cassette so i could put it the walkman, at 17 when i got this from Woolworths in Brighouse it blew my mind the lyrics the noise, for me there is no bad track, it wa one of my favourites, then 15 years ago the tape bust!!

this was what i used to listen to when i used British Rail to go birding.......cycle from Lightcliffe to Halifax get the train to Leeds then change to Castleford then bike to Fairburn Ings which was as good it got for me back then but saw my first Ringed Necked Duck, Green Winged Teal, Water Pipit and Black Necked Grebe 

used to get on the canal towpath just after the shell garage check Hicksons Flash then dodge the coal wagons going over the bridge, yep back then you good bird an opencast mine good days 

Hicksons Flash was great back then pete g and myself had grey plover, curlew sandpiper and little stint back in the great wader autumn of 88, then 8 years later nick d and me stopped off from dipping a common crane in northumberland found a Broad Billed Sandpiper feeding with Dunlin 


No comments: