Sunday 8 September 2019

This is why I love it up here

Arrived at 0750 first bird a male chaffinch sat on wires 2nd record for me here, this is why I love this place ... The previous month I found a yellow wagtail here again my 2nd record,so upto the moment I saw the chaffinch yellow wagtail was commoner up here! And that got me thinking
Because it's so bleak and high and the only bird that is resident up here is carrion crow everything else is good
More sightings of common scoter 3 records totalling 71 birds than tufted duck 1 bizzare!!
It really is a level playing field up here
Anyway

Chaffinch 1 male
Goldfinch 28
Twite 49
Meadow pipit 100+
Pied wagtail 2
Wheatear 7
Carrion crow 1
Kestrel 1
Swallow 4
Chiffchaff 3
Wren 1
Stonechat 2
Red grouse 2

1 comment:

AndyC said...

Good number of Twite,,,hope there ringless..?? and hope your not feeding them ..?? cheers