Sunday 26 April 2020

Isolation

After 4 weeks of no visits I decided to head up green withens my reasons were
I live alone
The drive is quick on the motorway 15 minutes
The walk is long

Was it worth it? YES

I checked all the main areas

Red grouse 2
Meadow pipit
Skylark
Wren
Pied wagtail
Canada goose
Greylag 2
Mallard 7
C crow 6
Lbb gull 5 west
Wheatear 6
Stonechat 1 male
Reed bunting 3
Twite 1
Goldfinch 1
Dunlin 5
Little ringed plover 2
Curlew 6
Common sandpiper 8
Snipe 1
Golden plover 1
Oystercatcher 1

Because it's so quiet I was finally able to check the plantation at the motorway junction
Willow warbler 1
Blackbird 1
Fieldfare 1

I don't think I've ever seen a fieldfare so late
Great visit

1 comment:

AndyC said...

Nice selection of birds and good to get some shoreline on a local res...Can you do me a favour and look at list of Dragonflies on moth blogg or Calderdale wildlife and see idf I have missed owt..cheers and see you on the other side.....of lockdown....