Monday 5 August 2024

mytholmroyd july 2024 to now

 most of my birding has been around mytholmroyd, colettes garden or air space above is great for just sitting and watching 

1st july greenshank west calling over garden 

13th july wood warbler broadhead clough 

18th july barn owl over the garden at dusk 

28th july hobby seen from the garden for an hour feeding amongst black headed gulls watched it catching flying ants a great display hirundines seemed non-plussed 

4th august a long 7 mile walk resulted in a yellow wagtail in fields near my favourite area pinnicle farm 

5th august small flock of common scoter flew west 22:15



\
also got a few pairs of binoculars on the way to add to my modest collection a pair of bushnell excursion ex 7x36 which im hoping to use as a everyday pair and a pair of bushnell elite 8x43. i love my meopta meostar 8x42 but they give me a odd view when sky watching,great watching birds in bushes etc but not  near as good as my original bausch and lomb elites the slick looking version from 1992 which i paid £600 for 32 years ago 


1 comment:

Bradshaw Rambler said...

Some scarce birds there Darrell (for me anyhow!). Woodwarbler great bird to see. I've only seen them at Bolton Abbey. Its great to see something new on your travels. Nice one (s). John